It's that time again. Pre-ordering for The Second Mouse Goes Digital: Self-Publishing Comes of Age is now open in the Kindle Store. Go to the Kindle Store to order your copy at the reduced price of $2.99. Copies will become available on November 15, 2017.
In this updated version of The Second Mouse Gets the Cheese: How to Avoid the Traps of Self-Publishing, I offer a closer look at the self-publishing innovations that have opened the gates to mainstream book publication since 2011. In twelve detailed chapters, I'll walk you through the self-publishing process, from that first decision to forego traditional publishing, through setting up a business and office, choosing the right software and social media platforms, planning the book, writing the first draft, revising, editing, choosing the best publishing partners, and finally to the book launch and marketing phase.
As the Katzenhaus website suggests, some cheese ages well, so I've included all the old advice that still works today. Other cheeses are best sampled fresh, so I've picked the newest recommendations from a family of literary mice. My advice is still based on my personal experiences and still touched with enough gentle humor to make this a fun read, even if you're only dreaming of writing that great American novel. Among my new rules to write on a rock are these:
· Treat your writing like a business.
· Words are meant to be read.
· Software does not come in one-size-fits-all.
· Don’t start your author journey until you know where you are going.
· Do your homework.
· Watch your language,
· Your cranky old English teacher knew her stuff.
· Remember that your words (and mistakes) will outlive you.
· Don’t be fooled by promises of instant fame and fortune.
· Choose your publishing partners wisely.
· Give your readers what they love at a price they can afford.
Remember, by November 15th, you're going to be thinking about turkeys and cranberries, and pumpkin pies, so get your book order in now, before you forget. And thanks for supporting my books.
Post a Comment