Turn It Over!
What's the first thing you do when you pick up a new book? Most readers immediately turn to the back cover to discover what all the fuss is about. So here's a quick look at my upcoming book:
The Second Mouse Goes Digital: Self-Publishing Comes of Age
And for tired eyes, here's the text in a more readable form:
In this updated version of The Second Mouse Gets the Cheese: How to Avoid the Traps of Self-Publishing, best-selling author Carolyn Schriber takes a closer look at the self-publishing innovations that have opened the gates to mainstream book publication since 2011. In twelve detailed chapters, she leads the writer through the self-publishing process, from that first decision to forego traditional publishing, through setting up a business and office, choosing the right software and social media platforms, planning the book, writing the first draft, revising, editing, choosing the best publishing partners, and finally to the book launch and marketing phase. Her words are still based on her personal experiences and still touched with her wise advice and gentle humor. Among her new rules to write on a rock are these:
- Treat your writing like a business.
- Words are meant to be read.
- Software does not come in one-size-fits-all.
- Don’t start your author journey until you know where you are going.
- Do your homework.
- Watch your language,
- Your cranky old English teacher knew her stuff.
- Remember that your words (and mistakes) will outlive you.
- Don’t be fooled by promises of instant fame and fortune.
- Choose your publishing partners wisely.
- Give your readers what they love at a price they can afford.
Coming on November 14, 2017.
Pre-orders available after October 16, 2017